I had some thoughts yesterday, not anything as in depth as an epiphany but still, I felt the silliness might be worth mentioning. These thoughts were of the random variety, as most thoughts tend to be, especially mine, and those thoughts have carried over into today like a steaming train blowing its horn into the station. Toot toooooooottt!!! All aboard Krystal’s random railroad!! Watch your feet as you enter the train! I bet you’re just clinging to the edge of your seats awaiting my genius to take you away, across the country, on this little trip. A trip so grandiose that it will put all other mental vacations to shame, but alas, it is just a pretty mundane adventure into my mind…oh come on, who are we kidding? Nothing about me is mundane! So sit up, perhaps get a steaming mug of coffee, and enjoy the ride! You know you’re excited!
1. I have been thinking about this blog a lot lately and I realized that while I absolutely love it, I mean I really, REALLY love it and all of you, I want a bit more out of my blogging life. SO, with that in mind, I have created a little spin-off blog here on WordPress. It is called Love & Lemonades and it is basically just a stripped down version of my life. I’m using it to talk about my marriage, domestic stuff here on the home front, DIY projects, cooking, and etc. This blog will remain my fun, silly, random outlet for the absurd thoughts I have and for the things I love or don’t love in media, relationships, the world, and life in general, and this new blog will be about the aforementioned stuff. Please check it out!
2. Awkward, on MTV, is hysterical! I have been hooked now for three seasons and it only gets funnier with every episode. If you’re not watching it, you should be. YOU’RE WELCOME.
3. Summer semester is kicking my ass and I am hardly a fan of that…my bum is feeling quite bruised. I need a refresh button!! I am not sure if my professors all got together and came to a general consensus that I’ve been having too good of a time thus far and figured they’d jack my shit up or if I am just burnt out. I’m leaning toward the former…it’s all a conspiracy I tell you! I feel like Mel Gibson waking up strapped to a chair with some weird chemicals in my system. HELP!
4. What is the obsession with fear in this country??? There are scary movies, tv shows, and books in such abundance that you can’t get away from it no matter how fast you run. You’d think that with so much to torture our minds with in the daily news, which is free, we wouldn’t even bother paying money to put such fears into our minds via the “creative” options. Just log onto your Twitter feed, tune in to any cable network, pick up a newspaper, or just walk outside your door and listen to the chatter of flapping mouths all discussing the negative crap going on all over the world. There’s no shortage of mass media chaos being spewed on any given subject at any given time. Go ahead, indulge yourselves.
5. I love Twitter like Michelle Tanner loves chocolate cake…it is real and it is serious. If you also love to tweet it up, follow me here (or in that nifty widget to the left ) twitter.com/iChicky
6. According to the Huff Post’s Weddings and a study funded by eHarmony, 35% of Americans find their spouses online AND those unions are less likely to end in divorce than couples who didn’t meet online. So, that means that my hubby and I are part of that 35 percent…Woohoo! Go us!
7. Melissa McCarthy rules…and for all of you who just “discovered” her in recent years, welcome to the party! I’ve been getting my McCarthy on since she graced my screen back in the days of Gilmore Girls from 2000-2007. Whoop whoop!
8. Is anyone else confused as to why people drinking smoothies in the new McDonald’s commercial suddenly get the urge to go splashing around in a fountain? I just don’t see the transition from drinking a smoothie to playing in filthy, coin-soiled water…unless that is a hint as to what they’re actually drinking?
9. Cold leftover pizza for breakfast is amazing! Mmhmm
10. I’d love to know how Florida got the name “The Sunshine State” because I don’t think we’ve seen the sun in weeks. I mean, I like rain and all of that gloominess in the sky sometimes but it gets to be a bit much…plus it is making my flip flops all mushy. Ew.
11. The hubs and I just went and saw Fast 6 and it was AWESOME!!! What made it even better was the sneak peek at the end that showed Jason Statham’s beautiful face paired with the title of FAST 7! Yep, it’s coming…2014 hurry on up!
12. As you all know, I am in love with John Krasinski (my husband is aware too, don’t worry!) Anyway, I recently saw this clip from a guest spot he did on Jimmy Fallon’s show and to say it is hysterical and quite possibly the cutest thing I’ve ever seen would be an understatement. Watch it. Love it. Repeat it.
13. I think somebody needs some conditioner and a comb. Well folks, this concludes our little adventure. I know you’re all torn up about it already coming to an end but just think, now you can get a dose of me on TWO blogs! (See number 1 again) Also, please be careful while exiting the train and don’t forget to take along any personal baggage you’ve brought with you, we surely have enough of our own here. Have a wonderful day and always be kind to one another.