2012, 2013, Awards, Awars, Blog awards, Blog Love, Blog of the Year, Blog of the Year Award, Bloggers, Blogs, entertainment, Follow, Followers, friends, Giving, Giving Awards, Giving Blog Awards, kelly ann, life journey, Like, love, oscars, read, Reading, Share, sharing, six stars, Wordpress Awards, Write, writing, year 2012
Yep! That would be right ladies and gents! Earlier today, Kelly Ann over at ohmymuse.wordpress.com, honored me with this award! Let me give myself a moment for that to sink in…okay moving on before I totally lose my train of thought. I felt that this was not only generous of her but also very thoughtful and so, even though I thanked her twice already, here I am thanking her again. Thanks Kelly Ann!
Now, on to the rules of the award according to her website:
- Select another blog or other blogs who deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award
- Include a link back to this page, at Unabashedly Poetic and provide these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars.
That seems pretty straight forward, doesn’t it? Also there are apparently six stars you can acquire with this one being the first. So, for every time someone awards you with “Blog of the Year 2012,” which I know has come and gone, you will get another star. Perhaps, the new stars will count toward 2013? Who knows? It would make the most sense, after all…but without further ado, here are the blogs that I am passing this award on to, and why:
- Lesley, who was also given the award by Oh My Muse, but this will add another star to her badge. This blog shares the life journey of Lesley and her family as they travel all over the world. Being a sufferer of strong wanderlust, this is my go to place to live vicariously through her travels. If you love to travel, are longing to, or just fancy a very entertaining read, check her out at http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/
- Sassypanties…yes, that is right. Her blog is funny, and she uses tons of profranity, which I love. Her use of the F word is constant, and unabashed. She is outspoken without a care for anyone else because being true to herself is all that matters to her. So, with that said, if you are easily offended, DON’T check her out, however, if you can put on your big girl sassypanties, then DO check her out here: sassypanties.wordpress.com
- The Guat over at thewishfactor.wordpress.com is one of my favorite reads here on WP, too. She is funny and sarcastic, much like myself, and she is a lover of Seinfeld. Need I say more?
- Jamie from missbookaholic.com is another one of my favorite reads, and like me, she is a bookaholic, as her website states. I love that and her site has led me to many books that I never knew about before, PLUS we are friends now on Goodreads, too, which is the BEST site around for bookaholics! So, if you love books, check out her site!
- When I just recently began my site, Chewable Delights, with my mom, I was looking into other WP sites that centered around food and came across Tosh and Tomatoes at luffymoogan.wordpress.com. In just a weeks time I have drooled several times over her posts of delectable dishes. Check her out for some yum!
- Rachel at mwfseekingbff.com was found through Pinterest when someone I follow there posted a picture of her book called, MWF seeking BFF, which stands for Married White Female seeking Best Friend Forever. Considering I am also a MWF now, I figured that her book and her blog would be my general cup o’ tea, and it totally is! She’s funny and talented, obviously given her rather popular book deal and all…either way, even with her fame I am still pointing her out.
- Chrissy and Alicia are best friends who co-write a blog called onceuponafriendship.com and it is cute, fun, silly, heartwarming, and a bunch of other adjectives I just can’t think of as of now, but I’m sure there’s more. I followed them a while back when I was first starting out here on WP and they were too and I have enjoyed their posts immensely. Maybe you will too?
So, there you have it. A little list of some big talent. Check them out, or don’t, it’s completely your choice. However, I must warn you, if you opt for the “don’t” you will regret it. Hee hee Happy blogging (and reading) people…and happy 2013, in case the award made you think there had been a time warp.