This week just keeps bringing new surprises, one after another, and I am so delighted to have “met” so many new bloggers here in bloggerland. 😀 Earlier I received a nomination for four awards by the incredibly funny, and paranoid, cONTEMPORARY mUSINGS 😉
Apparently, with the nomination (and therefore, instant winning) of these awards various rules are found once the confetti settles. So, here goes…
1. Describe yourself in seven words.
Nerd, Dreamer, Funny, Goofy, Smart, Honest & Loyal
2. What keeps you up at night?
Too many thoughts running through my brain at once or if I am really excited about something the next day I can’t sleep at all.
3. Whom would you like to be?
Um, this is odd, yes? I really like being me!
4. What are you wearing now?
Tank top and pajama shorts…it is after all way past my bedtime and yet here I sit 🙂
5. What scares you?
Horror movies, coming home late at night alone and having to park really far from my front door, which coincidentally is in the back of my building facing a huge wall of dark hedges. Eeek! Not fun!
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging?
Best thing: Writing, first and foremost. It is nice to do what I love to do. Having others read what I write is great too and I love any feedback I get.
Worst thing: People who get overly nasty with you in feedback to things you write. That is not necessary. You can disagree with someone and still be polite.
7. What was the last website you looked at? Uh, this one. haha
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I would like to be able to let things go, especially things that hurt me, because carrying that stuff around is not a good thing. Even when it is at the back of your mind.
9. Slankets, yes or no? Uh, no way! According to Google this is the rival to the Snuggie for those who don’t know, like myself. I just can’t do it. haha
10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you: He just recently commented on my blog and then nominated me for these awards, a fact of which is very nice of him and I send my warmest thank you’s his way! Check out his blog here: cONTEMPORARY mUSINGS
My ten nominations, in no particular order, for this award (and the three that follow) are:
- Graveyards and Grasslands
- Sassy Panties
- Birdie, the hard boiled egg 😉
- Stories and Coffee
- Found It On A Posted Note
- Once Upon a Friendship
- The Dandelion Room
- Miss Bookaholic
- Spite or Flight
Whew! Now that that’s done I want to tell all of the linked folks listed above that apparently, just by nomination alone, you are winners of the awards mentioned here. So, congrats!
Award #2: The Sunshine Award
For this one I had to do some searching for the rules because for some reason the link from my nominator didn’t work for me. So here is what I found:
Rules: Thank the person who gave you the award. Write a post about it. Answer the questions that come with it. Pass it along to ten people and let them know they’ve received the award. (See above for list)
- Favorite Color: Yellow, because it is always happy to see me 😀
- Favorite Animal: Puffins
- Favorite Number: Two
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Vanilla Coke
- Facebook or Twitter: Both
- My Passion: Writing, Photography, anything creative
- Getting or Giving Presents: Giving, it’s so fun to see how people react to what you get them! Especially since I put a lot of thought into my gifts, a lesson I’ve taken from my mom!
- Favorite Pattern: Circles
- Favorite Day of the Week: Everyday
- Favorite Flower: Peonies
For more information about this award, please visit its originating website: Believe Anyway
Award #4: The Liebster Award
I tried to Google this one and did not turn up much information about it, however, I did find out that it basically means, “Dearest”, “Favorite”, or “Beloved” so that is pretty sweet. 🙂 (Check out this website I found in my search for more info. As The Pendulum Swings)
Thank you again to cONTEMPORARY mUSINGS for the nominations! I hope all those whom I have nominated have fun with it like I have. 😀
Happy blogging to all and to all a good night!