1. My mom found a great place for my wedding celebration and it has been officially booked! Very exciting stuff! You see, my mom has a pretty rad job. She works for a company that sells high quality meats to the majority of fine dining restaurants here in South Florida. She talks to chefs all day long and that is what brought her to the perfect venue. The restaurant is called YOLO, which stands for You Only Live Once, which I felt was perfect because, after all, when you get married you want it to be once in a lifetime. So, come November, in our own private room, my fiance and I will be celebrating our nuptials with great food and great company. 😀
2. In that theme, I have been speaking with a wonderful place that I am very interested in to make our cake. They were highly ranked on The Knot and from her professional website, as well as the owner personally getting back to my inquiries the same day, I am pretty sold. Not to mention, they also have great prices and the portfolio looks great. Check them out here.
3. While in Coral Springs a few weekends ago I spotted Mr. Humpty Dumpty sitting on a wall, just minding his own business, and trying not to fall. I had to go check him out closer so we turned around and went back to the corner where he sat. It turns out, he’s a pretty large bronze statue and he is AWESOME!
4. Today I took my last final exam of the fall semester! I am so excited that it is over and from my calculations thus far, I’ve pulled in 2 A’s and 2 B’s…not too shabby, especially considering one of my classes was math!
5. Summer term begins for me on Wednesday, May 9. Yep! That is less than a week after fall term ended! lol I have tons to do in the next 6 days to prepare but I am really excited for my next four classes. I’ll be taking: Math (again :(), Psychology, Oceanography, and Music Appreciation. I don’t usually have this thought, as I hate the heat but, I can honestly say that I am looking forward to my summer. 😀
6. I have searched high and low, side to side…and round and round for a cake topper for our wedding cake. All the toppers I kept falling in love with were either a. Way too expensive (I mean, $360 for a cake topper?! Are you nuts?!) or b. No longer available. I was feeling pretty bummed because I don’t want the traditional bride and groom as we are not having a traditional wedding. I also didn’t want something that wasn’t personal since I want to keep it afterward. So, by pure chance, I was on Pinterest (shocking, I know ;)) and saw a really cute topper. It totally stood out to me because, well, I love Billy Idol of course! When I clicked on the picture to go to the store I was pleasantly surprised to find some really cute offerings…I am not having the Billy Idol topper, although I love it, I found one I like much better. You can check out Miss Cake for yourself if you’re interested. Cute stuff.
Alright. That concludes this little ditty. Sorry for chatting your eyes off, just got a bit overexcited. 🙂 hehe Hope you all have a wonderful evening and if I don’t post again this weekend, enjoy yourselves!