Here we are, it’s day 4 and I am right on track. I guess my streak of not finishing anything is coming to an end? Eh, it’s probably too soon to raise my victory flag though. Haha! Anyway, today’s post is, “List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could”.
1. Life will go on after school is over. High school is not the end of the world, nor is it going to truly matter once you get to adulthood, so be easier on yourself.
2. The bonds you make in high school are important, yes, but they are not the only things in the world that matter. Having integrity and the courage to be yourself in the face of adversity matters much more then superficial relations.
3. Math really doesn’t matter and you will never use it in real life, however, if you do well now then come college you can get it done quickly and painlessly.
4. Friends are important, so choose wisely. Pick people who you actually like to be around and who actually like being around you, instead of people who are just easy to befriend. Many will not make it to your future.
5. You should join some extracurricular clubs to enrich your experiences in school. You will wish you had later on.
6. Follow your passion. Don’t try to change who you are to fit in because as the saying goes, “those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind”.
7. Love yourself more. Don’t beat yourself up. You’re only human.
8. You don’t need to figure out your entire life right now. Don’t fear the future. Be excited by the possibilities of it.
9. Go to bed earlier! You’ll be happier in the morning.
10. YOU ROCK!!! 😀
Are there any thoughts you have for your 16 year-old self?