Today is the final post of my thirty day series and I am so happy to have made it this far! When I saw the topic I immediately thought of Judd Nelson at the end of my favorite movie, The Breakfast Club. That closing scene is one I will remember forever and if I could have even just one moment like that powerful fist pump into the air while a kick ass tune plays, then my life will be pretty successful. 😀 So here is a list of 10 things I hope to be remembered for, including things that haven’t occurred as of yet and perhaps never will, because let’s be honest, how many things can someone be remembered for in one lifetime? Nevertheless, I am the eternal dreamer, so here we go. 😀
1. First and foremost I want to be remembered as a great friend, wife, child, mother, etc. I hope that the people in my life (past, present, and future) will remember the person they love(d) no matter what.
2. I hope to write a book that is memorable and possibly touches someone’s life. It doesn’t matter to me to have the knowledge that my writing has touched someone, it is enough to know that it might. That is the whole point in being a writer to me. Trying to give the world something that the writers I love have given me. A love for reading. A love for writing. A feeling that someone else completely gets you.
3. I want to be remembered for loving the people in my life with my whole heart, even when the feelings are not always returned.
4. I want to be remembered for being passionate about my beliefs and always listening to other views that differentiate from my own, even when I think they are batshit crazy! LOL
5. I want to be remembered for being goal driven and hard working.
6. I want to be remembered for orbiting the moon.
7. I want to be remembered for making out with Johnny Depp at the bow of the Titanic where Rose and Jack pretended to fly.
8. I want to be remembered as a bookworm. Someone with her nose in a book whenever possible. Someone who found the most absolute peace when surrounded by books. (Hence why Barnes & Noble is my sanctuary.)
9. I want to be remembered as a funny, charismatic, and intelligent individual.
10. Essentially I want to be remembered for being me. That is the ultimate goal for any of us, is it not? Aside from the dreams and goals we have in life and the things we actually end up doing, all any of us can hope for is that we will ultimately leave our marks on the world. So that is my answer to this entire thing. Me. I’m not a Nobel prize winner, or an Olympian. I’m not a model or an actress or a famous chef. I am a humble lady working toward humble goals, and should I ever become famous, I still hope to be the self that is worth remembering.
Don’t you forget about me…Don’t, don’t, don’t, don’t