I just got back from a week in Tampa with my mom where we surprised my grandma for Mother’s Day and also got to meet some really awesome people, who just so happen to be our cousins who were down here visiting from Connecticut. I know that sounds like we ran into these people as if by accident or some cosmic coolness where we all just happened to be in the same town at the same time, but that’s hardly the case. Although, that would be totally rad! Anyway, it was all planned only none of them knew that I was coming so I was like a present wrapped up all nice in a Krystal bedazzled bow. 😀
So, moving on…here are some things I wanted to share about my trip. Some are observations and some are just cool things we did, and by cool, I mean cool to me. 😀
- I HATE when people take my picture when I am unaware and then refuse to delete them. (While this individual swears she will not share these photos, the annoyance was still very real on my behalf, but I believe her.)
- Air conditioning should be a statewide mandate 365 days of the year unless the temperature outside drops below 65 degrees. At no point should heaters be used though. This is Florida people!
- Senior citizens should really be tested again for their drivers licenses. They are a hazard to the young people on the road who cut others off, ride peoples asses, and weave in and out of traffic at 90 mph. This safety measure is essential!
- Air mattresses suck, in every instance.
- Starbucks makes the most insanely delicious brownies ever! If you’ve never had one, STAY AWAY! They are MINE! 😉
- Tarpon Springs, FL is supposedly a Greek town full of cultural shops and restaurants. While they definitely offer the food of that country, the stores offer nothing but souvenirs that scream “I just went to the beach and brought you back this seashell!” It was pretty confusing but a fun place to get all touristy and we scored some really great things!
- The Lucky Dill Deli is an AMAZING restaurant in Palm Harbor, FL, and it is soooooo delicious!!! It is also one of my moms accounts (her company sells meats to restaurants here in FL). You’re probably thinking that this is just an average deli, and that thought would be so wrong. This place is a really bad ass restaurant with a cool ambiance to it and they even have a nightlife bar scene to offer, PLUS every bit of decor has something to do with New York! What could be better than pulling up and parking in a parking space that is reserved for Giants fans? The food, that’s what! This place has it going on! I had a Waldorf chicken salad on a toasted croissant and this baby was packed with red grapes, thin sliced apples, walnuts, and craisins. It was served with a side of bowtie pasta salad and fresh fruit. But that is hardly all they have, their menu is 8 pages long and packed with yummy offerings…so if you’re ever in the Tampa area, make it a point to eat here! I can’t wait to go back!
- Shopping on weekdays, while everyone is at work, is the BEST!! And during our shopping adventures this past week my mom and I both got an Alex & Ani bracelet. I had heard of them before and wanted one but had never seen them in person until now. She got an anchor charm and I got the tree of life and I’m now completely obsessed with them! I’ve already picked out six more that I am desperate to have! 😀
So, that was my week, in a nutshell…or rather in a bullet point list. It was erratic but extremely fun and I am sooooo happy to have met our extended family! Hopefully a huge and fabulous extravaganza is in our near future…otherwise known as a family reunion. 😀 Until then we have Facebook. Haha! Anyway, hope all of you had a lovely Mother’s Day!!