I love receiving blog awards from my fellow bloggers because our community is unlike any other. We are all passionate about different things but our love of writing and communicating with one another is the key to what makes the blogging platform so amazing. Some people think these awards are silly because they don’t necessarily hold any real weight to them BUT I think they actually do. See, these awards show other bloggers, who spend just as much time pouring their hearts out and perfecting their posts as we do, that their contribution to this community means something. It’s a huge community and often we wonder if anyone is even reading what we have to say, but these kinds of moments let us know that we’re being heard and that is worth a lot. So, on that note I’d like to give huge thanks to my blogger friend, Kellyann over at Believe in a Dream, for nominating me for this award. She is always giving me wonderful feedback and is a total sweetheart…plus she lives a pretty kick ass life that I love to read about. Check out her website, I know you’ll love it as much as I do…especially her latest addition, Dandy, who I find completely adorable!
So let’s get down to business…here are the rules:
- Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules and display the award image.
- Include 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
- Display the award logo on your site and be sure to follow the blogger who nominated you, if you don’t already.
Seven facts about ME:
1. I am a junior in college (almost a senior), pursuing a B.A. in English – NO, I do not want to be a teacher!
2. I am completely addicted to Young Adult Fiction, even though I’m an adult, and have recently begun a new blog writing reviews of the books I read, with some adult books sprinkled in. (You can check it out here: Breathing in Fiction)
3. I need to write, read, and do other creative things at all times. Otherwise I lose complete focus and my life just doesn’t feel whole. These are vital things to me, the air I breathe and the blood in my veins.
4. I am married and I love everything about it, even the times where I want to punch him! Haha! My husband is the most hilarious, annoying, loving, and frustrating individual I’ve ever met. We’re equal parts flawed and perfect. 100% real.
5. Cold weather is my happy place. The air fills my lungs, stings my cheeks, and it is pure magic. I hope to live in a state again someday that has seasons because I miss the beauty of nature changing herself all year.
6. I run on Starbucks.
7. I am a huge fan of classical music and would love to learn to play the violin someday. Although, as my stepdad points out, I have a keyboard sitting here waiting to be learned first. 😀 Maybe I should tackle one thing at a time? Lol
Anyway, on to the fun part…I am supposed to choose 15 blogs but I just can’t think of that many right now so here are the 8 blogs I am nominating for this award:
1. This one is totally predictable and her link is at the top of this very post, however I am putting it here again for your convenience. Please go check out Kellyann at Believe in a Dream. I know she already has this award but I just couldn’t ignore the fact that she’s one of my favorites so have a second helping of lovely!
2. The Guat is another one of my favorite blogs to read and I’ve been following her for a long time too. You can check her out at The Wish Factor.
3. Jamie over at Miss Bookaholic is awesome! I obviously have a sweet spot for her given that she’s a book blogger PLUS since we connected on Goodreads about a year ago, I have discovered so many books through her. She’s awesome, you’ll love her. Go on, check her out!
4. This blog is one I enjoy reading because she has a foul mouth and doesn’t care what anybody thinks of her. Sassypanties is an in your face woman and her stories are either hilarious or just plain cool.
5. Here is another bookish blog that I discovered on my own book blog. Becky’s Book Talk is one I am fairly new to but I like what I’ve seen so far. I hope she keeps up the great posts.
6. I am extremely familiar with online dating having met my husband on okcupid after a long stretch of crazy dates had passed. So, when a single gal I know decided to create a site dedicated to her woes in singledom, I hit the follow button immediately. Her posts about dates gone wrong are funny…check her out here at Surviving Online Dating.
7. The Bippity Boppity Beautiful Blog is exactly what it sounds like. Charming. Check it out and get swept up in her journey to make all things in her life beautiful. May that sentiment rub off on us all! 😀
8. The Utopia Between Youth and Adulthood – doesn’t the title just intrigue you? Yeah, me too. Check it out.
To all nominees, there is absolutely zero pressure here. You do not have to accept this award and participate in this whole thing if you don’t want to. This is purely for fun and to help each other get the recognition we all deserve. I hope you enjoy doing it as much as I do. Thanks again to Kellyann for passing this along to me and happy blogging to you all!