“Life isn’t about finding yourself, LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.”
Well hello there, visitor of my website! Welcome to the Factory..er, Wonderland..oh, that’s right, we just aren’t in Kansas anymore! My name is Krystal and I shake you warmly by the hand as I invite you into my world of endless mind ramblings, foodie obsessions, book raves (plus a few rants), and other sparkly ideas. (Erm, maybe not sparkly per se, but everything glitters in my mind so I suppose that must mean I have a fairy living in my head. Drat! 😉 )
Anywho, I am a 32 year old gal who is married to a totally adorable nerd. We just celebrated our third wedding anniversary and our only baby, a white rabbit named Cannoli who is straight out of Wonderland, also recently turned 3. The bulk of my time is spent with my little furmuffin, but I also spend as much time as I can with my husband, parents, and friends. The rest of my time is spent at school where I am pursuing a B.A. in English. Reading and writing are what I am all about…well, anything creative really. I want to put my hand in every pot that I can in order to leave my mark on this life of mine. My graduation has been set for December 2015! Whoop whoop! I can’t wait to start my new career journey – hopefully a more creative one!
A few more random thoughts for good measure before I get into the good stuff that you’ll find here on my website:
- Being in love with someone you can already picture your future with is completely enchanting.
- Smiling really does burn more calories than frowning! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
- My parents are incredibly smart, loving, supportive, and hilarious as all get out! I am supremely lucky to be their kid and I hope my future kids feel the same way about me.
- Music tells the story of our lives as long as we open our ears and listen.
- I watch (and quote) the television show “Friends” constantly…to the great annoyance of my husband. There is a pretty good possibility that I am the biggest fan on earth. Oh who are we kidding? I totally am! 😀
So, now that I’ve gotten the introduction out of the way, let me tell you more about this website and what’s going on here. As you’ll see up top, I have several pages listed below my header image. For a long time now I have been juggling multiple blog sites here on WordPress in an effort to write about everything that I wanted to without confusing things. While this worked for a bit, it ultimately became very annoying to manage them all with my heavy school load. Basically, now that I’ve put all of the posts here on one site, you all can either read my stuff in order (all the categories combined) on the home page, or you can click on the individual pages for those specific topics of interest. Here is a breakdown of what each page includes:
- Book Things: this page mainly has book reviews but also has posts about film adaptations of popular books, movie trailers, bookish humor, and basically anything that I find that is book/author related that tickles my fancy. For the most part I read YA (young adult) novels but I also will write about adult fiction, memoirs, and “self-help” type books sometimes as well.
- Spirit Junkie: this section is my current spiritual/self-growth journey in all areas of my life. I originally tossed around the idea of creating a separate site for this topic and making it anonymous, but then I felt that it needed to be merged into this site with everything else because everything here is me in a nutshell. I mean, how can I expect to grow as a person, inside and out, if I am hiding behind a fake persona? Like my favorite badass guru, Danielle LaPorte says, “authenticity is magnetic.” So, I am leaning into my white hot authentic truth in all capacities and listening to my ING!
- Foodie Life: here I have restaurant reviews, food photography, cooking adventures/recipes, and food I buy or come across in stores.
So there you have it, an abundance of topics to suit anyone. I hope what you find here is your cup of tea. Please don’t hesitate to leave comments on anything you read, regardless of positive or negative (hopefully I’ll inspire more of the former) because I love interacting with my readers. Also, the majority of the photographs used here on my site are my own, taken by me. If a picture is not mine I will try my best to credit it to the original source in each post.
Happy reading and again, WELCOME! 😀